Candlelight Evenings at the Nixon Library
In the spirit of White House Christmas traditions past and present, the Nixon Library is opening its doors after hours for special Candlelight Evenings for two nights only – December 2 and 12th.
Included with admission, guests will:
- Explore the special Christmas display, TRAINS featuring five expertly-designed layouts including the all-new Rocket Railroad space-themed layout, celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.
- Enjoy the popular special exhibit Apollo 11: One Giant Leap for Mankind
- Take photos with Santa Claus in President Nixon’s Oval Office! (digital photo included)
- Delight in live music featuring Christmas classics in the magnificent White House East Room
- Take photographs with the beautiful Pat Nixon White House Gingerbread House – custom-baked to look like President Nixon’s birthplace! Sponsored by the Cookie Element of Yorba Linda.
- Write letters and sign holiday cards for military members serving overseas
- Create festive Christmas ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree
- Decorate sugar cookies and enjoy complimentary hot cocoa
PLUS: Discover the history of America’s 37th President in the Nixon Library’s award-winning presidential museum galleries.
These special events are a tribute to First Lady Pat Nixon, her legacy of opening the White House to the American people and her love of Christmas.