From Surgeon General Jerome Adams on The Hugh Hewitt Show, March 24, 2020:
“I’ve just got to give you a shout out, Hugh, because you mentioned what you were doing to promote blood donations. And I wanted to say to you, you literally have saved lives by doing that. One blood donation can save up to three people, and it’s something positive we can do mentally while we’re at home and feeling isolated.
There is a severe blood shortage in the United States right now.
The Nixon Foundation is partnering with the American Red Cross and LifeStream Blood Bank to host four upcoming blood drives at the Richard Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda.
Sign up today! Dates and registration links:
- March 30, 8am – 2pm – LifeStream Blood Bank – Appointments are full for this date
- March 31, 8am – 2pm – LifeStream Blood Bank – Sign up here
- April 2, 10am – 5pm – American Red Cross – Appointments are full for this date
- April 8, 8am – 2pm – LifeStream Blood Bank – Sign up here
- April 16, 10am – 5pm – American Red Cross – Sign up here, Sponsor Code: NixonLibrary
The blood drives are sponsored by the Government of Qatar as a tribute to the American people and alliance between the two countries.
Please consider providing a life-saving blood donation during this unprecedented time in our country, or share this information with friends and neighbors to fill these schedules as soon as possible!