After a six-month closure due to the Coronavirus, the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum reopens its doors to the public on Thursday, September 24 with health and safety guidelines in place and an all-new special exhibit for guests to enjoy.
The Library complex will reopen to the public in gradual phases as determined by the National Archives and Records Administration and the Richard Nixon Foundation, beginning on September 24 with the special exhibit, The Presidents Club: From Adams & Jefferson to Nixon & Trump, the Nixon Library Gift Shop, the Pat Nixon Rose Gardens and Amphitheater, the Memorial Site of President and Mrs. Nixon, and the White House East Room replica.
The Nixon Library’s permanent museum galleries will remain closed at this time. The open areas within the Library complex are being operated by the Richard Nixon Foundation.
During this phase of the reopening, admission tickets will be sold at a reduced rate of $6 each. Members of the Richard Nixon Foundation, active military, and children four and under are admitted free of charge.
The following health and safety guidelines will be in place beginning September 24 for all guests and employees to observe:
- Upon entry, guests will be greeted by helpful signage that instructs them to stand six feet apart, wear face coverings at all times, and informs them of the nearest hand sanitizer stations.
- All guests will be required to wear face coverings both indoors and outdoors while visiting the Nixon Library. Guests that enter without a face covering will be provided with one at no cost, thanks to a recent donation of face coverings.
- Guests can tour indoor exhibit spaces based on capacity guidelines set by the State of California.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are located throughout the Nixon Library for ease of access and use.
- Increased focus, frequency, and intensity of the number of daily cleanings will occur throughout the public and employee-only areas of the campus.
- Social distancing of at least six feet between and among employees, guests, patrons, and benefactors must be observed and practiced to the maximum extent.
- Common area seating and tables will be properly spaced out to maintain social distancing.
- The Gift Shop will sell sealed, bottled water and sealed soft drinks. Onsite food service will not be offered at this time, but members of the Library’s Guest Services team can recommend several local restaurants. Drinking fountains will not be available.
The Nixon Library is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Sundays from 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Follow the Richard Nixon Foundation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and visit nixonfoundation.org for the latest updates on the reopening of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum.