“Nixon Field” Has A Certain Ring To It
The Washington Post reached new heights of populist aesthetic dudgeon over the architecture of the just-opened National Stadium. In today’s paper, the snarky Style sectionistas took on the question of naming rights.
Obviously, the Nats can’t play in Nationals Park.
Naming rights must be sold for the multimillions, but that’s a complex process that “takes time,” says team president Stan Kasten, “to find the right fit.” In the meantime, the Style staff suggests:
* Capitol One Park (would require renaming that big white dome Capitol Two)
* The House That Unrepresented Taxpayers Built
* No Parking Park
* Federally Mandated Recreational Amusement Site
* George F. Will Center for Pretentious Metaphors
* And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going Field (since the city moved the gay clubs out)
* Lerner Shops