Updated January 29, 2019
Spaces operated by the National Archives and Records Administration have reopened to the public.
The presidential museum is open seven days a week. Monday through Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm and Sundays from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Click here for admission rates and to purchase tickets.
January 11, 2019
The Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum remains open during the government shutdown.
Not all of the Nixon Library campus is operated by the federal government. The private, nonprofit Richard Nixon Foundation owns the nine-acre Nixon Library campus and is pleased to continue to serve our guests during the shutdown.
The following areas are open for visitors to enjoy:
- Annenberg Court
- White House East Room
- Award-winning “Nixon” Visitor Orientation Film
- Film: Video Tour of Library Exhibits
- Film: Pat Nixon: The Untold Story
- Pat Nixon Gardens
- Pat Nixon Amphitheater
- Richard Nixon’s Birthplace and Boyhood Home
- Memorial Site of the President and First Lady
- Reflecting Pool
- Exterior view of Presidential Helicopter
- Richard Nixon Museum Store
SPECIAL OFFER: Our lowest Membership prices of the year — buy a day, get a year free!
Reduced price only available to new members who purchase at the Nixon Library, and only during the government shutdown.
Individual Membership: $30 (Regular price $50)
Dual Membership: $55 (Regular price $75)
Family Membership: $105 (Regular price $125)
Includes 12 months of membership at the Richard Nixon Foundation.
New VIP Docent-guided Tours of Birthplace and Gardens
Children under five remain free!
A special docent-led tour of the Nixon Presidential Library! Includes:
- Guided tours of the Pat Nixon Gardens — the largest public rose gardens in Orange County — including information about the special guests who have visited to plant flowers, a rare tree from the famous Jackson White House Magnolia, and the Memorial Site of President and Mrs. Nixon.
- Behind-the-scenes tours of President Nixon’s original birthplace and boyhood home, including the opportunity to step into the Nixon family bedroom and the pantry/canning room — a rare experience not available to everyday visitors.
- A historical look at America’s Grand Ballroom, the White House East Room.
- VIP tour includes a $5 voucher for shopping in the Nixon Museum Store.
*Docent-led VIP tours are offered Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 11:00 am, 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm, and Sundays at 12:00 noon and 1:00 pm.
Because of the limited access, admission to the Nixon Library will be half the price of normal rates:
Seniors (62+): $6
Retired Military : $5
Active Military: Free
Children: $3 (ages 5-11)
Children: Free (4 and under)
All private events booked with the Nixon Foundation including civic, social and business functions will be hosted as scheduled, without interruption.
All public events hosted by the Nixon Foundation will continue as scheduled, without interruption.
National Archives spaces are closed. While the government is shut down, guests will not have access to the museum galleries, the interior of the presidential helicopter and the research room.
Monday-Saturday: 10:00 am-5:00 pm
Sunday: 11:00 am-5:00 pm